A place where students interested in photography can show their work and exchange ideas & information



Italy, Part One

Remember Rome...
This is my first post here...so I would like to share with you a photo taken last year in Italy, this country I'll never forget. B&W, some grain, enough to get an "old times" atmosphere...Rome, the Eternal City.

About me: some of you already know me, some don't. Some have forgotten me, some will...
I am a student from ENPC, currently in internship ("stage long") for one year in Guadeloupe (urban restoration of Pointe-à-Pitre). I will post some pictures here (different ones, different styles...because I don't have MY style). Two subjects: Italy (gallery) and Guadeloupe (reportage on living conditions...work currently in process!) Two hopes: making you discover some parts of our world and getting advices/critics/comments (and why not improve my English!)...Thanks! And thanks for this site, it is a great idea indeed!

2 Responses to “Italy, Part One”

  1. # Blogger Pierre M

    Great! I'm waiting to see your photoreportage on Guadeloupe. I always wanted to do so, but I never managed to tell a story through a serie of photographs. I'm currently working on people (I always got troubles dealing with people I don't know when it comes to taking photographs).

    Anyway, welcome on this space. It's yours!  

  2. # Blogger Sébastien

    Hi Pierre! Yes, it is really difficult to take photographs about people...as in Guadeloupe I have to walk through slums or derelict "cités", people don't like the fact that an unusual "white" guy "spies" them...because of clandestinity (Haïtians, Dominicans) and illegal traffic (crack), they always fear it might be the police or some public society which is planning to destroy/modify their district.
    Seb sc07  

Post a Comment


Designed for
Firefox 2

© 2006 photocontacts | Template by Pierre M. & GeckoandFly.
No part of the content of the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.